Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This Just In! Earthquake in Virgina/Freedom For Libya.


And we thought yesterday was a red-letter day! Well I'll give a minute for the earthquake and then move on to the news of liberation. It's not everyday that I get to write on the minute something that happen on the day so I am going to take advantage of it while I can!

Today I experience my first earthquake though I had no idea that is was such a thing till I was told. I was lying down reading a book, although I should have been writing my book. I was feeling uninspired as I flopped down onto my bed. (This is definitely a case of be careful of what you wish for!) So as I read I wasn't surprised when my bed shook. I am a heavy set woman so that tends to happen. What really surprised me was when the bed continue to shake and the door started to sway. First thought? Really, I thought that at first the Super must be doing major work down in the basement. Second thought? Some workmen were working on a street two blocks from my home. "Gee." I thought. "I sure do hope that there isn't a gas main break." Then continued to read my book. Got up to try to bang out something on the laptop about this that and the other thing when there was a knock at my door.

My neighbor who had just visited me earlier to borrow some milk was the one at the door who told me as well as a neighborhood kid that there had been an earthquake. "Whoo!" Was just about the only thought that entered my head. So there is my personal take on the earthquake.

To be more factual or at least give you the news as I heard it. The earthquake in New York was not the epicenter. Apparently it started in Virgina and the wake of the quake moved up some minor fault lines up and down the East Coast. On Facebook many people text that the wake of the quake hit as far as New Jersey. On MSNBC's Comment page, many people even felt it as far as upstate New York and Ontario, Canada. It was 5.8 rated at the epicenter in Virgina and had shook the buildings in Washington, D.C. Thus far as I have read and heard there have been no reported injuries.

Quickly just want to add my five cents on what is happening in Libya. Currently even though the Freedom Fighters in Libya have taken control of Tripoli there is still fighting there by Gaddafi's mercenary and official army soldiers. Certainly this is a blow to a dictatorship that was long overdue. As of now even though they have taken Gaddafi's no longer Stronghold there has been no sign of the erstwhile Colonel. This blogger wishes the surviving fighters good luck and wants them to take heart. They have faced the Devil and won a major battle in the blow for freedom.

However it still remains what will happen once the fighting has stop and the rebuilding of a new government begins. What will happen now is up to the people of Libya. Will it become an enlighten citadial of modern democracy or will it become just another seat of power for a negative Mullah to take hold of and rule with dictatorship? Only time and observation will tell as this blogger prays for the end of fighting and the end of negative religious political evil.

And now it's time for the shoutouts as I give props for all the news agencies and websites that have help me enlighten you.

For Earthquake Coverage

MSNBC.Com
ABC News Broadcast
ABC World News &
ABC News.Com
Facebook

For Coverage on Libya
ABC News Broadcast
PBS News Hour
The Telegraph News London
from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8719193/Libya-rebels-capture-Gaddafis-lair.html

Thanks to all these sources for helping me to keep informed. However like I always say, it is my hope that all readers and viewer read between the lines and listen with only half an hear for what they in the media say. For you best understanding for what's going on in the world I recommend to use your common sense and listen to your gut. I outta here guys gotta finish that chapter in my book right! LOL Peace!

No comments: