Thursday, April 28, 2011

American Citizenship- The Forgotton Arguement

With all the fuss over our President's Citizenship and further talk on what makes an American I just had to put my five cents in. I mean never mind the utter ridiculousness of the nonsense that has been going on for the last two years. I am not even going to go there. Stuff like that has been going on since the first colonists landed and settled on Plymouth Rock. And like those first visitors (yes, I said visitors) to this land there has always been a question everyone seemed to forget to ask.

Is this place ours?

No one wants to make that argument. This debate will not be televised on MNBC anytime soon. Oh occasionally you might see some documentary about the original settlers of a country to them they just called "The Land". (Heck what else are you going to call it? You migrate from one land mass to another land mass where you've never been before and your last thought is; "Gee, we're tired and hungry we should stop for a minute and name this place where we're at!") They were travelers who were hunters and gathers. Their main concern was to find a better place to live where there were more food. Boy oh boy did they hit the jackpot! Plenty of food, i.e prey animals like deer, buffalo, squirrel, and fruits on the tree and the vine. Many materials to make clothes and homes. Wow what I wouldn't give to be those first settlers! Up to a point!

I am talking about people who had been on this land that some other people got together and named after some Italian map maker. America. For millions of years they lived, hunted, gathered, developing their farming techniques, falling in love, giving birth, laughing, and crying; just living life it's self. Then the shit hit the fan with a domino effect their still reeling over. At this point you know who I'm talking about. The Native 'Americans' or The Peoples of this land.

That's why I just think it's soooooo hilarious to hear, see, and watch some people always squawking about just who has right to what. Who should be here? Who has a right to be a government official elected by the people? Who should be considered an 'American' citizen? Yada, yada, yap, yap! Oh God, (capitial G people, cause I sure hope he's hearing ya'll)! Really? Seriously! And if I'm having an OMG moment can you imagine how those people are feeling? Ever time there's a fight over immigration rights, a call for prevention of more immigrants coming over, and the latest nonsense which I refuse to mention, they must wince with the most unbelievable sub-concious pain that can be felt all the way to the future. Where I'm sure there will be the most facinating talk about who is the best citizen who really belongs in power on that space station colony in space over that moon near that planet where those native aliens live.

Maybe before Tea-baggers, Anti-immigration proponents, and Politicians with a popular axe to grind, start using a lack of a birth certificate as an issue maybe they should remember the people who didn't bother asking for one in the first place. Bet your bottom dollar some tribes wish they did.

Next week- I promise I will write my Essasy on the still ongoing situation in Libya. I might even write some views on what's ongoing in Syria. More research is needed either way.

No comments: